- 1 What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 3 Is it easy to get laid on a cruise?
- 4 Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 6 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 7 How do I get a job on a cruise ship with no experience?
- 8 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 9 What is the average salary of a cruise ship worker?
- 10 Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
- 11 Do cruise ship workers hook up with guests?
- 12 Where is the best room on a cruise?
- 13 What is the salary of a cruise ship captain?
What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
5 Highest – Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
The requirements to work on a cruise ship
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Have no visible tattoos or piercings.
Is it easy to get laid on a cruise?
Hookups actually aren’t common on a cruise While the fun, laid -back atmosphere of a cruise ship may seem to lend itself to having a fling on vacation, it’s actually pretty rare. According to a survey conducted by Cruzely, only about 5% of people reported ever having hooked up with someone they met while on a cruise.
Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship?
Yes, working on a cruise ship, big or small, has its perks. But opportunities don’t come without research and planning on your part. Even with the thousands of new jobs added each year and the rapid expansion of the industry, you’ll have to work hard to get a job – there’s plenty of competition.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
All cruise ship employees get free food onboard cruise ships. Maritime law states that there needs to be adequate and nutritious food provided for the crew at no extra cost.
How do I get a job on a cruise ship with no experience?
Here are some of the jobs that you can get on a cruise ship that do not require experience:
- Galley Cleaner.
- Pot Washer.
- Ordinary Seaman.
- Cabin Steward.
- Assistant Cabin Steward.
- Bar Utility.
- Bell Staff.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
The minimum age is usually 18 or 21 years old. However, it’s totally dependant on the cruise line you are applying for. But you’ll have to hit 21 if you are serving alcohol on board. Unfortunately, for those above 35 years of age, it becomes difficult to land a job on a cruise ship.
What is the average salary of a cruise ship worker?
Cruise Ship Worker Salary
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
For the most part, cruise ship employees don’t hook up with passengers, for fear of losing their jobs.
Do cruise ship workers hook up with guests?
For the crew, hooking up with guests on the cruise is strictly forbidden. Ship security keeps a close eye on crew members day and night. That doesn’t mean hookups never happen, but if a crew member is caught in the act with a guest, they’re kicked off the ship at the next port.
Where is the best room on a cruise?
Best for a Great View Cabins at the very front or very back of a cruise ship are most likely to have the best views, as they offer the widest vistas of the ocean stretching out behind or in front of the ship — or in the case of forward cabins, your next port of call.
What is the salary of a cruise ship captain?
What is the Salary of a Cruise Captain? The average salary of a cruise captain is $130,000 per year. This ranges from $52,000 to $190,000 and is dependent on the captain’s experience and the cruise line which they work for. Pay Scale (source) estimates an average salary of $52,000 – $127,000 per year.